The Simon Konover Companyhttp://www.simonkonover.com
West Hartford, CT
May 2007 to Present
Director of Information Technology
- Establish clear vision, goals, performance expectations, and overall direction of the I.T. Department, and infrastructure at 70+ properties and offices spanning three divisions in twelve states.
- Ensure technology compliance with state and federal laws and relevant regulations.
- Provide broad management direction including security, risk management, research, cost-benefit analysis, strategic planning, technical vision and new product/process implementation.
- Effectively communicate and present information to superiors, and seek counsel appropriately.
- Provide leadership and guidance to managers and staff on an ongoing basis, and direct the work of cross-functional teams to move the company forward and ensure the company’s values and goals are kept at the forefront.
- Build effective and cohesive teams through coaching and performance management.
- Encourage innovation, remain current with trends, and ensure effectiveness of product and service quality improvements.
- Develop capital and operating budgets for each of three divisions, oversee compliance with company standards, policies, procedures and inventory control. Assure internal and external audit findings, including those by state and federal regulators are fully addressed and maintained.
- Participate in development of company’s resource investment plan at all levels.
- Negotiate and execute contracts and other service agreements, perform due diligence and assure compliance with company standards. Responsible for monitoring contractor/vendor performance for timeliness and quality, and ensure that deliverables are met.
- Research and implement best practices to increase efficiencies using most current technologies.
- Provide leadership and direction for security and risk to managers and staff on an ongoing basis, and direct the work of cross-functional teams to move the company forward and ensure the company’s values and goals are kept at the forefront.
- Recruit and interview applicants and make hiring decisions for new associates.
- Counsel associates regarding performance and address issues for reasonable problem resolution as necessary.
- Conduct associate performance appraisals, rewarding exemplary performance. Provide mentoring, coaching, advice and team building exercises.
The Music People! Inc.http://www.musicpeopleinc.com
March 2006 to May 2007
Director of Information Systems and Technology
- Managed I.T. Department and infrastructure including systems and network architect in a Windows 2003 AD Domain.
- Developed comprehensive strategy for implementation of I.T. related solutions.
- Managed all network resources including servers, workstations, switches and routers.
Sound Credit Unionhttp://www.soundcu.com
June 2001 to February 2006
Systems Administrator / Programmer / Web Developer
- Provided proven recommendations to management to increase efficiencies using technology.
- Assisted with Symitar report writing and programming.
- Administered Windows 2003 AD Domain for ten branch locations.
- Built, administered and maintained all servers, workstations and network equipment.
- Developed and implemented fully dynamic company intranet using PHP and MySQL.
- Developed intranet integrated Help Desk trouble ticket system
- Developed public website.
- Implemented MS Exchange 2003, Veritas Backup Exec, WSUS, Norton Anti-virus.
May 2000 to June 2001
- Supervised and directed a 7 member help desk team.
- Provided escalated trouble ticket support.
- Implemented best practices for escalation and fast resolve of trouble tickets.
- Responsible for budget and purchase of all hardware and software for 150+ users.
- Direct report to CTO for internal Service Level Agreements and budget.
Telco Community Credit Unionhttp://www.telcocu.com
September 1999 to May 2000
- Administered single domain LAN with 5 branch locations.
- Desktop support for Windows applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Responsible for suggesting and purchasing new hardware and software.
May 1999 to September 1999
Project Lead (Contractor)
- Supervised and directed a support team of 6 engineers.
- Conducted user support and training of Y2K compliant product on Windows NT 4.0.
- Administered user profiles and network resources.